Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's been a long time (c) Rakim

Well, its been a while since I last posted to this blog.  I'll post a quick update of my workout yesterday:

I got on my upright bike next to the sliding door.  I warmed up a little bit, being ever so careful to not work too hard right away.  Normally I just get on the bike, go up to 10 (which should be 11), and pedal.  But this time, I warmed up.  After I finished, I bumped up my resistance to ten.

I should mention I also set my timer for some intervals.  I set it for 1 minute "rounds" with 1 minute of "rest".  I read on some wikipedia article about a different take on Tabatas where you do 1 minute of work with 1 minute of rest for four rounds.  I'm still tweaking with finding what works best for me (clearly).  Anyways, I set my timer, got my Ipod back to playing The Best of DMX, and pedaled to "Where the Hood At"

First round went well, I do max effort at max resistance, and for me max effort on the bike at that level is usually around 32-34mph (as listed on my display, not saying I actually go that fast).

By round three I was almost dead.  I felt my fat man heart pounding, and at one point thought I'd die in an even more embarrassing way than crushing my girlfriend while in bed.  Yes, to me having a fat man heart attack, collapsing to either side of my bike and dying while listening to the White Man's Guilty Pleasure (DMX), is a tad more embarrassing.  Oh, I should mention I was squeezed into a white Old Navy California tank top showcasing my pasty white arms.

By round 4 I kind of gave up towards the last 20 seconds.  My speed went down to 23mph.  I honestly didn't feel I couldn't pedal faster, but, y'know...maybe trying to instead of guessing it would be a good idea to not be such a fatty.

Afterwards I had a turkey sandwich, which made me happy.  No chocolate milk this time.  But the sandwich tasted rather, well, tasty.

That was my workout.  Every other day I plan to bike, and on the other days I plan to do a core workout.  I will, though, rest on Sundays.  I won't go to church though.  Instead I'll worship at the Church of Fat, being Fat and sitting...like a Fatty.  I figure I get to do that one day a week.  Because I'm special like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment