Monday, March 7, 2011

Tough workout (3-7-2011)

Today was a tough workout for me.  I mean, all are tough, but this one I had no clue how difficult it would be to even get what I got (insert English language critique here).

The workout looked like this:
Burpees x 30 seconds
Jumping Jacks x 30 seconds
Split Jumps (Lunge w/ a jump) x 30 seconds
Burpees x 30 seconds
Jumping Jacks x 30 seconds
Mountain Climbers x 30 seconds
Rest x 30 seconds
(Repeat)

My goal was for 3 circuits of this.  I got two.  And even then I took small breaks (max 5 seconds) during almost every exercise midway through the first circuit.

My legs were killing me after the first set of jumping jacks.  Split jumps were awful in terms of depth of lunge, jump height -- in general the form was just awful.

My heart rate was definitely jacked up, but I didn't record it.  From the way it felt I'd say between 180-190 bpm.  Maybe more, but at least 180 (this is of course a rough estimate of my normally already rough estimates).

Oddly enough, as hinted at earlier, it was leg fatigue that did me in on this exerice.  My heart rate felt good but like it could go higher (especially on the first circuit).  But the legs just wouldn't do what I told them to.

All in all, the workout kicked my butt and this will serve as a base reading.  Only way to go is up on this one, so thats what I intend on doing.

1 comment:

  1. good workout! that would kill me too... my arms are always the first to go. upper body strength is kind of a big joke with me!
    when i get back from england, do you want to have a friendly competition? say, first to lose 10% or some set amount? C'mon! it'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete