Sunday, March 6, 2011

Burpee Intervals (3/5/2011)

Today was a burpee interval day.  Here is a brief rundown of what the exercise looks like:

30 seconds Burpees
30 seconds shadow boxing (power punching)
30 seconds Burpees
30 seconds shadow boxing (power punching)
1 min rest
(Repeated 4 times, totaling 12 minutes).

Using the unscientific method of counting beats while timing for 6 seconds (then multiplying by 10) my heart rate was topped out around 190-200 beats per minute.

I noticed my 3rd "round" of this was the toughest round, where normally that is the 4th/last round for me.  Also, my punches dropped considerably in speed/power by the end of the workout (more than normal).

I did manage to push through some right hip pain in the 3rd round and it went away in the 4th round.

All in all, a pretty good workout today.  Sweated my butt off.

Note: Will weigh myself whenever I wake up tomorrow.  Sundays will be weigh-in day and it will mostly be around the same time.

1 comment:

  1. you should put in some HIIT running and walking. you'll lose weight faster. I don't really know what you're trying to do with the punching though.

    ReplyDelete